TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TOURMALNELANAKA GEM LAB MEMBERSHIP CARD
1. Program Description Definitions.
2. Program Membership.
3. Reception & Use of the card.
4. Cancellation Conditions & Procedures.
5. Earning / Redeeming Prestige Points.
6. Program Tiers. Errors and Retroactive Claims.
7. Program Communication.
1. PROGRAM AND GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The TGL Prestige Loyalty Program offered by TGL and TGL gemological Magazine, was designed to enable Prestige gem members to benefit during their business at TGL by participating in the Program and when making certification at any TGL properties.
2. These Terms & Conditions govern the contractual relationship between (TGL) and TGL Prestige Members.
3. The TGL Prestige card (“the Membership”) is a frequent guest program managed and operated by the TGL.
4. The Company reserves the right to grant or refuse Membership to the members. Upon successful enrolment, Members will receive their Membership Cards.
5. A membership number and temporary membership card will be issued to newly enrolled members. Membership is not transferable and may only be utilized by the Member.
6. Membership Cards are the property of the TGL and a fee may be charged for replacing lost or damaged cards.
7. Misuse of membership Cards or Program benefits may result in immediate termination or suspension of membership or withdrawal of benefits.
8. TGL reserves the right to modify the Program structure, benefits and other features including these terms & conditions or to terminate the Prestige Program at any time.
Guest: Person who has not yet accepted the Program’s General Terms and Conditions.
Member: A guest who has accepted the Program’s General Terms and Conditions.
Prestige Point (s) : It represents a unit of value that corresponds to a monetary business by the Member at a TGL or participating properties in the program.
Point Scale: Monetary value of a Point.
Reclaims of Prestige Point(s): Credit following a claim by the Member or an error on the part of the Program.
Status: Membership level that defines a specific rate for earning Points as well as advantages received at the TGL. The status depends on the frequency of stay (or the monetary of business at TGL by the Member during a given period of time.
One Calendar Year: 12 months period of membership
Transaction: The act of crediting or debiting points from a Member’s account.
Serena Prestige Club: guest recognition program designed to offer exclusive benefits when transacting within any of the Serena Hotels Globally.
3.1. MEMBERSHIP, ENROLLMENT AND TERMINATION
1. The Program is open to any person who is legally considered an adult in the country in which he or she has the legal capacity to sign a contract. Minors are not legible to participate in the Program.
2. TGL Management, staff and directors, Group Companies, are not legible to join the Program.
3. Enrolment to the Membership in the Program is free, and the nominative Card is strictly personal. The Card may not be lent or sold.
4. The card does not constitute a means of payment.
5. Each Card shall bear the Member’s name, identification number, and the expiration date of the Member’s current status (for Classic, Gold, and Platinum status levels)
6. Each Member may only possess one Prestige Loyalty card
7. The Prestige card may only be used by the Member whose name is printed on the card.
8. The Member is responsible for all operations to and from his or her account.
9. Program Members accept that these General Terms and Conditions are subject to modification, in whole or in part, at any time, and without notice.
10. Membership accounts which have been inactive for 12 months will be de-activated. Any member who commits a misconduct, engages in fraud, abuses prestige benefits and awards and fails to adhere to these terms & conditions will have his/her membership terminated. All of his/her benefits and privileges shall cease forthwith and their prestige points will become void immediately.
3.2. HOW TO JOIN THE PROGRAM
3.2.1 At participating gem business
1. Guests may join the Prestige membership, by contacting the TGL’s reception desk at any time during their business or by filling in the membership registration form on the TGL Prestige website.
2. The Guest must provide the necessary information to join the Program in order to obtain a Program Member number. Until the Member receives the card, this number must be presented to the participating TGL in order to earn points.
3. Enrollment forms will not be processed unless all mandatory fields marked with asterisks are completed correctly and signed. By signing the Form, the members will have accepted to comply with the terms & conditions on submission of enrolments forms.
4. An E-mail message is sent immediately to the new Member, confirming membership in the Program.
5. The Member is then entitled to fully benefit from all Program-related services, including access to the TGL Prestige website (checking the Prestige statement account, special offers etc.), recognition by TGL sales centers when making business. The new Member may connect to www.tourmalinelanka.com at any time.
6. Any member who commits a misconduct, engages in fraud, abuses prestige benefits and awards and fails to adhere to these terms & conditions will have his/her membership terminated. All of his/her benefits and privileges shall cease forthwith and their prestige points will become void immediately.
3.3. RECEPTION AND USE OF THE CARD
The Card is sent to the Member after joining the Program. In order to take advantage of Program benefits, the Member must indicate his or her Member number when making business and then present the card upon check-in at any of the TGL. The Member must respect these conditions in order to be entitled to Program advantages.
1. A Member of the Program may only cumulate benefits and points from the TGL Prestige Program.
2. The Member must present his or her Card and/or Member number when making a business.
3. Membership card must be presented during business at TGL and must be validated by a TGL representative. Members may be required to present personal identification at check-in to verify membership.
4. The Member must not lend his or her Card to any third-party. The membership card is non-transferable and must be signed on the reverse on its receipt.
5. The Member shall not commit fraud or attempt any fraudulent action to obtain points.
4. CANCELLATION CONDITIONS & PROCEDURES
4.1. CANCELLATION BY MEMBER
At any time, the Member may decide to cancel his or her membership in the program by communicating in writing directly to the TGL administrator stipulating his or her desire to cancel. Membership cancellation means complete and total withdrawal from the Program, thus permanently severing the existing relationship between The TGL Prestige Card and the Member.
This severance causes all data pertaining to the Member to be deleted from the Prestige Card database, along with all points remaining in his or her account at the time of cancellation.
4.2. CANCELLATION BY THE ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator Any use of the Prestige Card (thus of the Program) that does not comply with the present General Terms and Conditions will be subject to appropriate administrative and /or legal action. TGL has the right to take appropriate action including without limitation, the immediate cancellation of the Card, benefits related to the Card, closing of the Member’s account, and deletion of all accumulated Prestige Points, without entitling the Member to claim any compensation of any kind.
4.3. CHANGE IN TERMS & CONDITIONS
TGL reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions, point scale or any other procedures relating to the program with no prior communication. If the member continues to use the membership card 90 days after the above mentioned alterations or changes, the member is deemed to have accepted any such alterations. If the member does not accept the terms, he may terminate his membership.
4.4. VALIDITY OF THE MEMBERSHIP
The membership card is valid for 1 year period for the Classic card. However for the Gold and Platinum card the membership is one year and thereafter is subject to fulfillment of the terms & conditions as specified in clause 7.2 and 7.3.
4.5 LAPSED ACCOUNTS
Any membership account which remains dormant for twelve (12) months will be deemed to have become inactive. Members may re-activate their lapsed account within the next two years before the expiry of the third year. If the account still remains dormant the membership will be made permanently inactive.
5. EARNING AND REDEEMING PRESTIGE POINTS
1. Prestige Points can be earned on all business & service of TGL.
5.1. MONETARY VALUE OF A PRESTIGE POINT ON EARNING
1. A member earns 1 point for every 1000 RS less taxes that is spend subject to terms and conditions
5.2. VALIDITY OF POINTS
Prestige points are redeemable within a period of 3 years.
5.3. REDEEMING POINTS AT ALL SERENA PARTICIPATING HOTELS.
7. PROGRAM TIERS
The Program offers Members Three (3) possible status levels based on the member’s transactions in TGL participating business. Program status levels are RUBY, Emerald and Sapphire. The Member’s status changes when he or she satisfies the conditions for obtaining another level, as described below.
a. The entry level also known as Classic is the program’s base tier; it provides the member opportunity to enjoy accruing points on his or her business.
b. To qualify for RUBY Status, the member requires 5000 points in one calendar year. On qualifying the criteria, member will be sent a new card, corresponding to the new status level.
c. To qualify for Emerald Status, the member requires 3000 points in one calendar year. On qualifying the criteria, member will be sent a new card, corresponding to the new status level.
d. To qualify for Sapphire Status, the member requires 2500 points in one calendar year. On qualifying the criteria, member will be sent a new card, corresponding to the new status level.
6. PRESTIGE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
A Member earns 1 point for every 1000 RS business excluding taxes on all Eligible Charges incurred and paid for by the member at all TGL.
Over and above earning points as a member you may enjoy these benefits each and every time you stay with us:
1. Welcome VIP amenities- Speed service
2. Your company promoting at our Website and TourmalaineLanka magazine.
3. Point’s accumulation on discounts and other services.
4. Member Exclusive offers.
7. ERRORS AND RETROACTIVE CLAIMS
7.1. RETROACTIVE CLAIMS
Points can only be backdated only for a period of 6 months from the date of membership.